Below are some common questions that I am asked.
1. How much to is it hook up my mobile home to power?
• This varies slightly from $1500.00 to $1991.00 on the high end, assuming that power has been brought to the home from the curb.
2. How much is it to wire my house?
• This is always a tough one to answer. Some people like to quote by the “HOLE” meaning count up your receptacles and switches and multiply by a dollar amount. For eg., $35.00/ per outlet, and the lighting and bigger loads use a different multiplier.
• Others will use a square foot rate. This means, count up your FINISHED floor area and multiply, for eg., by $6.00.
• Some will do a complete material takeoff and then add in the labour. (This is my preferred method).
So what’s the answer? It depends on what you want in it. Your best bet is to send in your drawings for a quote.
3. How long does it take to wire my house?
• As an example, it may take 50 working hours to complete the “rough in” and be ready for inspection on a typical 1500 SQ/FT Bungalow. Following the rough in, it may take about 15 hours additionally for the finishing.
4. Is the left-over material mine?
• Yes, it is. If you would like to keep it, we will leave it behind. If you have no need for it, we can remove it.
5. Do you do Home Automation?
• Not yet. We are working towards certification in this.
6. How much do you charge?
Our Rates are below, and do not include GST.
• Service Calls: $73.60/hr, one hour min., + van/tools.
• Small Construction Jobs: Time & Materials: $ 68.70 /hr.
• Preferred Client hourly rate: $65.40
Van/Tools: $25.00 charge.
We had a large portfolio of approximately a decade of work, but this burned in the Fort McMurray fire.
We were fortunate to be sent the pictures below, from one of our previous builders.